2nd Monday of the Month (September thru June)
The next meeting of the book club is Monday, April 11 at 2:00 in the conference room. The book is Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee. (We read To Kill a Mockingbird a couple of years ago. This is the book Harper Lee originally wrote. It presents a different perspective on the same issues.) We hope you will join us. Any questions, call Cathie Galloway 602-952-0275.
The Club reads one book each month chosen from a wide range of contemporary literature and non-fiction. We generally pick a classic to read over the summer. Discussions are lively and always help us to broaden our understanding of the books. If you like reading books, please join our group. It's a great way to get to know other readers. Everyone is welcome.
Christ Church Book Club meets the second Monday of the month at 2:00 pm in the church conference room. It does not meet in July and August. Please check the bulletin for any changes.
Some recent favorites:
- The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker
- The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
- The Whistling Season by Ivan Doig
- The Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein