The Bible teaches us that all we have comes from God and belongs to God. This means that we are stewards of God’s blessings. We give out of response to God’s work in our lives. He wants us to give joyfully and with gladness, not because He needs our money, but because giving is good for our hearts. As we faithfully obey Him, we grow deeper in our personal relationship with God and enjoy the blessings He gives. God talks a lot about giving as part of our journey of faith. For many, it involves the steady growth in our love for God and our willingness to obey Him, particularly in those parts of our life that we prefer to control.
Give away your life, you'll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity. Luke: 6:38
Our mission is:
- TO KNOW CHRIST
- TO LOVE CHRIST
- TO SERVE CHRIST
2017 has been an amazing and challenging year at Christ Church and here are some of the highlights so far:
- Over 300 church services provided throughout the year, to over 12,317 attendees. An average of 285 parishioners every Sunday. Up 20% this year!
- Family Ministry has over 77 children and young adults participating
- Over 150 kids at Vacation Bible School this summer. Up 22% this year!
- 200+ hours of volunteer food service at Phoenix Rescue Mission serving over 4,800 people
- There were 35 Lay Eucharistic Visits to homebound or ill parishioners
- Enrollment at Christ Church School has increased by 4%.
- Operating expenses have been flat with reduced clergy and administration support
In 2018, we are going to continue to grow and fulfill our calling to KNOW, LOVE and SERVE. To address the needs of a growing congregation, we are actively looking for an assistant rector that will provide the much needed support to Fr. Daniel and our parish. Our relationship with Christ Church School is stronger than ever and we want to continue with many shared youth programs. Finally, we have plans to address several maintenance issues around campus that have been neglected for many years.
To fulfill our objectives, we are setting a 2018 pledge amount goal of $750,000. This is a mighty endeavor; but with everyone contributing a minimum of 5% their annual income, we can achieve this goal.
Please consider all that God has given to you over the years - how He has fulfilled, cared, and provided for you. And then share what He has given you. This is what He asks of each of us.