The Bible teaches us that all we have comes from God and belongs to God. This means that we are stewards of God’s blessings. We give out of response to God’s work in our lives. He wants us to give joyfully and with gladness, not because He needs our money, but because giving is good for our hearts. As we faithfully obey Him, we grow deeper in our personal relationship with God and enjoy the blessings He gives. God talks a lot about giving as part of our journey of faith. For many, it involves the steady growth in our love for God and our willingness to obey Him, particularly in those parts of our life that we prefer to control.
Give away your life, you'll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity. Luke: 6:38
Our mission is to KNOW, LOVE, SERVE. To know and live the words and teachings of Jesus Christ every day. To love with our whole heart God and those around us regardless of race, position, gender or situation. And to serve by helping others, giving back and sharing the gifts God has given us. Father Daniel has spoken to us about how following Jesus is more than just attending service on Sunday – it is harder than this because it requires us to welcome Him into our heart and soul, and to live his teachings every day of the week.
2016 was an amazing year at Christ Church and 2017 is going to be even better. Here are some of the highlights from 2016 so far:
- Over 200 church services provided throughout the year, to over 11,000 attendees. An average of 230 parishioners every Sunday. Up 5% this year!
- The Family Ministry has over 110 children and young adults
- Over 125 kids at Vacation Bible School this summer. Up 24% this year!
- 164 children being taught at Christ Church School. Up 9% this year!
- 200+ hours of volunteer food service at Phoenix Rescue Mission serving over 4,800 people
- Over 21 Lay Eucharistic Visits to homebound or sick parishioners
In 2017 we are going to continue to grow and fulfill our calling to KNOW, LOVE and SERVE. To do this we need everyone’s continued support and involvement with Stewardship – 100% participation in giving of time, money and inviting others to join us at service. Please consider all that God has given to you over the years - how He has fulfilled, cared, and provided for you. And then share what He has given you both in talent and possessions, because this is what He asks of each of us.