Job Description: Parish Administrator/Coordinator
We equip disciples of Christ to know, love, and serve him.
This position works with the rector in administering the resources of the congregation to fulfill the congregation's mission and support the ministries and programs of a growing Episcopal parish and school. This leadership position is currently open, and we will be accepting applications until July 7.
Title: Parish Coordinator
Reports to: Rector
Hours: 40 hours/week.
Schedule to be determined by the Rector.
Compensation: Depending on experience and qualifications, retirement contribution and full benefits through Episcopal Church Pension Group
Status: Regular Full-time, Exempt
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (business, finance, management) or comparable experience required
- Experience in both management and business roles (church administration a plus)
- Highly organized with previous work experience in administration and staff oversight
- Ability to understand, implement, and manage within a budget
- Computer skills required: Windows-based office software including database, spreadsheet, and word processing, as well as email and calendar such as Outlook
Essential Duties Information Management
- Coordinate and communicate with the parish.
- Responsible for maintenance of parish records, including but not limited to financial, membership, diocesan, physical plant, and other operational data, keeping them up-to-date and accurate.
- Produce reports, directories, and other documents from parish records under the direction of the Rector, vestry, and committee leadership.
- Coordinate the parish calendar to include use of various facilities by internal and authorized external groups.
- Work with vendors/suppliers, prepare requisitions/purchase orders and contracts to meet needs of office and parish.
- Assist with preparing and distributing marketing materials.
- Provide a welcoming and helpful presence in the parish office.
- Respond to requests for information and resources via email, telephone, and in-person visits.
- Provide administrative support to vestry or other committees, including: preparing meeting documents and/or posting minutes; making document copies, sending out mailings, etc.
- Place orders for supplies and equipment as authorized.
- Coordinate with the bookkeeper to maintain parish financial records.
- Coordinate with vendors as delegated by Rector, Wardens and Vestry.
- Communicate regularly with Rector, parish custodial staff and wardens about facilities-related needs, including set-up and clean-up for special events.
- Produce rosters, correspondence, and other documents.
- Sort incoming mail, and send parish mailing and other outgoing mail.
- Assist with preparing and proofing worship materials and bulletins for Sunday and other services.
- Prepare flower donations, information, assist with the coordination of lectionary and ministry schedules, sending reminders as scheduled.
- Provide assistance with tracking the liturgical calendar and planning for church events, as needed.
- Under direction of the Rector or committee leadership, assist in recruiting, coordinating, and scheduling volunteers as needed.
- Organize workflow and maintain a tidy and usable office environment to enable effective use of volunteers.
- Assist in coordination of special events. Note: This description is not intended to include all responsibilities, as additional duties may be assigned and existing duties may be adjusted at any time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing and grammar skills, including proofreading.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including calendaring, project coordination, and prioritization.
- Ability to effectively manage workload.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding persons and information.
- Knowledge of office etiquette and effective communications skills. Basic knowledge of invoice and purchase order transactions.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures, including the ability to research vendor prices and negotiate costs.
- Welcoming disposition, willingness to accept and serve all who come to Christ Church of the Ascension.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Must pass background investigation to comply with church requirements, and able to complete Abuse and Exploitation Prevention training.